A VA loan is a mortgage that is guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The VA helps active military, veterans and eligible surviving spouses become homeowners by enabling VA-approved lenders to offer loans with these benefits:
- No down payment required*
- No Private Mortgage Insurance premium (PMI)
- No Monthly Mortgage Insurance premium (MMI)
- Flexible credit, income and asset requirements
- Very competitive rates
- Allows for use of gifts for closing costs and prepaid fees
- Allows for a seller concession of up to 4% of the sales price for buyer’s closing costs
- No pre-payment penalties
- The buyer may only be charged the fees and other charges prescribed by
- VA as allowable
- Loans are also available to reservists and surviving spouses.
- Down payment assistance programs available for qualified buyers.
Who is Eligible for a VA Loan?
- Active military (including members of the National Guard or Reserves)
- Eligible surviving spouses
You must also meet credit and income requirements and have a valid Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
ZABE Mortgage is a VA-approved lender with more than 16 years of experience. Call ZABE Mortgage or apply online to learn more about VA loans.
*As long as the sales price does not exceed the appraised value.
We offer a number of loan programs that may be right for you. Count on your ZABE Mortgage loan professional to help you select the best one.
Are You Really Ready To Get Started?
Here is a video to help you answer this question. If at the end of this video you feel like you have answered “Yes” to all of the questions, fill out the form below or give us a call today at (559) 664-1930.